Monday, January 11, 2010

Facebook (Monday Morning, 01/11/10)

Now that my personal announcements are out the way (well, the main announcement anyway), let's get back on business. Facebook is definitely a gift & a curse. I've got in contact with almost everybody I knew from grammar & high school and some of my people from the University of Phoenix. I haven't found any classmates from Devry or Computer Learing Center except for the ones I also went to grammar school with. I probably wont find more from them days, because Smokkee was an alcoholic then; even in class I was slapped! I can't think of not one other classmates name not even the ones I was, uh, well you know. What's so crazy is I still remember what I learned from them days even though I was as drunk as Ned the Wino from Sanford & Son. What can I say: I was a dog that buried my bone alot & forgot where I put them alot. I dont feel like one these days, of course, everybody has their own opinions.
Then, last week on Facebook, there was a lot of weird postings going up. Some people posted a color, others posted a number. Confusing to say the least, when all was over, come to find out that these weird posts (which I wont explain) were all for good causes. That fact that it was a women's only thing doesn't matter; Facebook can do some good things besides reconnect people from your past.
Facebook isn't all gravy. There are Facebook facts popping up all over to back this up. Articles regarding Facebook & relationships, Facebook & divorce, Facebook & infidelity,etc, are all out here to do...what exactly do these articles do? Obvisously, it is not detering anybody from Facebook. It is not slowing down cheating, or divorce, or infidelity, etc because this stuff has been running rampant since before Facebook. Yet, because Facebook makes things so much more easier it will get broadcasted as such. Also, there are various aps that get frowned upon by your Facebook "friends",aps such as Naked Truth (I SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE!). Lately, this ap that sends pillows to people's pages has taken a lot of flak as well.
My Opinion: Take Facebook (or Myspace or Twitter or BlackPlanet or any social website like these examples) for what it is worth. We all know who our real friends are...even if we don't have any! Dont make the mistake of misinterpreting anything that goes on as anything else. Facebook is just another website & websites can be addicting, damaging, informative, misleading, cause for celebration or the cause of lot of confusion. In other words, it's just like everything else on this planet, World. Dont let it go to your head.

No comments:

Post a Comment