Monday, January 25, 2010

Tax Time Blues

Hello World. I know I was quiet last week, sorta. I actually wasn't considering I finally got my review blog, Smokkee's World Favorites, up and running. Yet I didn't post much on the Prime blog because I was distracted. No not by Facebook this time but by my money. I filed income tax last week w/my youngest babies' mama Tanya & we got a grand total of $7000.00 sumthing back after filing....$7,000.00 which we never saw. Before I had a chance to even figure out what we would do with it, a student loan decided it was time to go into default and derailed any chances of seeing a dime of the refund. It was maddening then it got worse: student loans also ate up Tanya's taxes too! This is enough to push anybody over the edge.....except me of course. True, I was down for about 24 hours due to this bit of information but I was never quite out. I took it in stride; I was mad more for the fact that the things I wanted to do for my children would have to be delayed & the fact that what I happened to have planned for my birthday next month would be canceled, period, for the sake of my children. I can wait; my children can't, bottom line.

No comments:

Post a Comment