Friday, January 27, 2012

Embracing Imperfections: Will My Biggest Flaw Be My Downfall?

Hello, WORLD!! Smokkee Singleton here. Yall know who I am right? A blogger who's just now getting in the groove with his blogs as well as an author who's first book will be out somewhere between the summers of 2012-2013. In the meantime, with the blog money coming in but not enough to support my family, how do I earn a living? I got a job. Well, I got a job for now. I just signed some this notice that went around to all of my coworkers & me regarding being absence. I signed it & moved on. I'm like an iron man; unless I'm not able to move period, I don't miss work. Then I find out it wasn't just about absences... it also was refering to tardiness. Now I know I'm not a perfect person. I don't pretend to be even if I strive for it. You'll never be perfect but why not aim for perfection, right? I even know what most of my flaws are. My biggest flaw is I am not an on time person. Right now, I don't have a car & depending on the CTA here in Chicago is hit or miss. Anyway, the noticed says that 4 "absences" (read: absences or tardies) equal 1 occurance and 4 occurances... well, yada yada yada. I won't not try to get to work on time. I've never tried to be late on purpose (who do that stupid shit?) but to say that I'll not get an occurance, probably before 1-2 weeks past would be overly optimistic. My point: if you know what you're flaws are, try to polish them a lil bit. It doesn't hurt anybody none trying to better themselves. If I can't polish this flaw of mine, I'll only be self employed way before I'm able to support myself like that. That's it for now WORLD. I'll definitely keep you posted on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment