Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Work To Do (Deadline)

"Sometimes it may seem girl I'm neglecting you,
I'd love to spend more time.
But I got so many things to do" - The Isley Brothers

Hello, WORLD! Smokke Singleton here and I should be celebrating because I just turned 38 yesterday. But I'm not. Why? For one, I'm battling a nasty flu bug and I'm kinda twisted off this medication.  As soon as I recover though, I'm gonna party for at least for a few days. Hell, maybe a week.

Then for the most part my partying in 2013 will be done.

Everything for me can go back to normal 12/01/13. Maybe. Depends really on what I have accomplished at that point.

I won't drag this post out. Like I said in my previous post Happiness, 12/01/13 is a very important date to me. It will be 10 years to the day that my mother, Jeanette Singleton-Thomas, passed. For me to say that I'm not living for anybody's approval is the absolute truth these days but to say nobody's approval ever mattered to me would be an out right lie. Her approval mattered. Still does. I live my life with no regrets whatsoever but there's tons of stuff that I wish I could go back and change. My mom at one point was so proud of me. I messed all of that up being a typical young black male/knucklehead/dumbass growing up in Chicago. I made mistakes, no doubt. Too be honest, I didn't really see how messed up I was until after she had passed. So I made a point to make a better me. For the most part, I'm somebody my mother would be proud of again.

But she can't see that now, can she? (Religious people may beg to differ but blow it out yall asses!) So, what can I do now that she's not here? Well, my thinking is if I made a real success story of myself by 12/01/13 maybe I can atone for what I wasn't able to do when she was alive. I sound kinda stupid right? I'm human, I'm allowed to have some stupid beliefs. Nevertheless, I have to strive to be a success by that time or I'm gonna feel like I let her down for a 2nd time.

That's basically the thing. It's what's gonna push me to make this my best year ever. And really, that's all we can do, right WORLD? Catch yall later. I got work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment