Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A is for Alcoholism

Hello WORLD!!

Smokkee here, back again, after being away far too long. Writing on this blog is usually therapeutic for me since I'm not writing for attention or for other people's approval. And now's a great time as any to address my biggest personal issue right now. So here goes, right on this post.



I have an alcohol problem. 



No, I don't think I'm an alcoholic. In fact I know I ain't. I can go days, weeks, maybe a month or two without touching the stuff. Usually.


I need to stop smoking cigarettes; hence, my problem with alcohol.















Unlike cigarettes, drinking isn't something I'm actively trying to quit doing. I just feel like I've been overdoing it lately. If I had to choose one or the other, cigarettes or beer and liquor, I'd certainly choose the latter over the former. While my problem is most certainly with the latter, the former is almost certainly a necessity while I drink, more-so than usual. I've damn near went out of my mind for a cigarette when I've had none . I can't say that I've ever had beer-withdrawal before.


Doesn't mean I don't need to stop drinking, even though I may have to in order to stop smoking Newports. If I can have a few drinks without feeling the need to spark a cancer stick, I'm sure I can quit squares. I might go back to my old trick of a few glasses of wine a day or try to limit myself to 1 or 2 cans of beer a day. Hard liquor has never really been my thing like that but with the amount of beer I can put away, that's neither here nor there.

They say admittance is the first step to recovery. So that's what I've done.

Now, does anybody know what step 2 is?
 
Later, WORLD.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment