Tuesday, April 28, 2015

V is for Violence (#AtoZChallenge)

If I know one thing about you, whoever you are, I know this:

I know you're tired of violence.

I mean you might love action flicks or you may love all things horror like I do but if you feel like me, even with my infinite love for the horror genre, you're surely tired of it.  Especially if you grew up seeing it everywhere, like I did. Especially if you live in Chicago, like I do, where violence seems to never end. Especially if you've lost some loved ones to violence, as I have. 

Especially when the violence is being perpetrated by the whose job it is to prevent said violence. And now there's a new spokesperson for this: Freddie Gray

Nah. You can't tell me you're OK with violence. You're far from OK with violence unless you're far from violence but I doubt you are. Last time I checked, Antarctica was unpopulated. That's about as far from violence as humanly possible these days and even then, wouldn't you still be fighting weather conditions?

It's some things I don't understand about violence and how we talk about it. The terminology we use in terms of violence confuse me. "Senseless violence." for instance. When is violence not senseless?

Try and answer that if you want to. Go ahead. I'll wait but I'm tired of it.

Meanwhile, in Baltimore.
And apparently at this very moment, Baltimore, with good reason, is even more tired of it than I am and letting the world know they are tired or it.

But I hope it doesn't add more violence to an already ultraviolent world.

Later, yall.

Smokkee







No comments:

Post a Comment